What I'm Riding To

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Zaid- The New Birth Of Hip Hop

I want y'all to check this cat out. I used to go to high school with this fella. He goes by the name of Zaid. Of Persian descent, but you can catch him at your local club in Downtown Atlanta, or even on Georgia State University campus!

I don't really wanna speak on his lyricism, his songs do the talking. Though he doesn't seem to be the usual "face" of hip-hop, his music definitely needs to be put on front street. First time I heard one of his tracks, I was to say the least, SURPRISED. I sat down and spoke with Zaid about his hustle and grind, and what really motivates him to bless us with his music.

C&C:So you stickin' with Zaid as your stage name?

Zaid:Yeah, it used to be blaze...but that sound like a superhero. And there's a bunch of people named Blaze, so I'm stickin with Zaid.


C&C: So how would you describe your flow?

Zaid: When I get on a track I try to come up wit the illest lyrics possible. I wanna make people be like "Damn, did he just say that?!"


C&C: Word word. Who are your biggest influences? Who are some artists you bumpin' in ya speakers today?

Zaid: Biggest influence is Kanye West. He's probably my favorite artist overall. As for new rap, I listen to pretty much anything. My favorites to listen to lately are J.Cole, Slaughterhouse, Big Sean, Jay-Z, T.I, Jeezy, Fabolous, and the Golden Ticket Boyz haha!


C&C: Haha, yea the Golden Ticket Boyz go in! You got any shoutouts?

Zaid: Nah, fuck everyone else haha!


Well Said.






No comments:

Post a Comment